Friday, October 08, 2004

Tools I use

First I think it behooves me to take a lil time to share the great resources I am using to bring my site to you :

* - Blogger.com who hosts this site/blog

* - mytempdir.com a free host who can provide space for images AND files (up to 1 Mb in size).
They provide my download locales for the Freeware Book :-)

* - Imagehosting.us who make my graphics I use available (meaning they allow 'hotlinking' and direct linking which the vast majority of so called FREE webhosts do NOT allow)

* - Scott of FreewareArena for the long friendship and association we have had and his great patience and kindness towards me (and the freeware world online) also to various other members of the Freeware Revolution who have been equally kind, helpful and thoughtful to and towards me.

* - Tinyurl.com : A great FREE shorter url service. There are a large number of services that do the same, but I find this a useful, easy to use service, and the extension for Moz makes it simple for my needs.
Note : I also am recommending Urlsnip.com - an equally great shorter url service!

* - phpBB Star - they provide a freely** hosted phpBB forum for your site. Visit mine here if'd you'd care to.
(**Note : They do have the following posted on their site "We currently have no ads or advertisements of any kind!", I do not know if that is to possibly imply that in tiem they may utilize ads??)

* - Sitemeter.com - free counter service. I highly recommend it. You can have stats delivered you via email if you so choose.

* - FreePolls.com - nice resource that provides free hosted polls for your site (which is great if you don't want to mess with cgi or if your host doesn't allow use of such scripts on their servers).

* - Atomz.com - Providers of the excellent free search utility for this site.

* - myHQ.com - VERY useful free online bookmark manager service (which will be where I will have hosted my next version of my "portal"/links page). It is also notaeworthy that this service is provided banner free.

* - FreeFind.com - an ad supported resource (though a pay service that eliminates the ads is available) that can provide a pretty efficient search function for a website (also it can list a 'site map' and a "what's new" link/listing. All in all - it is a quite decent service that can enhance a website.

No comments: